Most of us are familiar with URL shorteners like Bit.ly. Services like this are very handy for making massive URLs manageable. However, today I’m going to show you how to shorten URLs like a champ in Google Chrome for desktops!
- Install Goo.gl URL shortener for chrome (if you’re not using chrome, you should be!)
- This will add the extension to your google chrome:
- When you click on the green Icon, it will shorten the URL using the Goo.gl URL shortening service.
- To make the process even faster, set up a keyboard shortcut such as CTRL + G
- In order to do this, go to your chrome extensions by entering this into the address bar: chrome://extensions/
- Scroll to the bottom of your extension list and click on keyboard shortcuts (bottom right).
- Set up the keyboard shortcut and hit OK
- Now you can shorten the URL of any page you are on simply by pressing CTRL + G at the same time! Enjoy!
Now that you know how to shorten URLs like a boss in Google Chrome, perhaps you can give it a try by shortening this page and sending it to a friend? 🙂